Compare tire and wheel specs conveniently and get recommendations for tire and wheel upgrades. Support both Imperial and Metric units.
This app helps you to choose upgrade tire and wheel safely and wisely, because Safety and Performance both matter!
This is an universal app that works great and responsively on both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad.
NO need to pay twice for the same app!
What makes this app standing out from the crowd: calculate approximate equivalent sprung (chassis) weight difference after changing to a new set of tire+wheel.
Experienced car mod drivers know that a light weight tire+wheel package with good quality is always a great mod investment to have. This app helps to quantify the performance improvement that can be achieved by such investment.
Tire Size Calculator is an app that gives you concise info and intuitive interactive ways to help you:
1. Get recommended upgrade/replacement tire sizes, with adjustable difference variables (rim size diff./section width diff./circumference diff.) between new tire and old tire.
2. Calculate tire sizes, and compare tires with detailed specs, in either Imperial or Metric units. See the visual differences between tires using the scaled tire graph with two display modes: side-by-side as two complete tire circles, or use half of each tire to constitute one tire circle.
3. Calculate approximate equivalent car chassis (sprung) weight differences after change to the replacement/upgrade tire+wheel, using the following data: car weight, engine max torque, car 0-60 mph/0-96.6 km/h time, tire/wheel sizes/weights, in either Imperial or Metric units.
1. Get recommended upgrade/replacement tire sizes, with the following adjustable difference variables between new tire and old tire:
Rim diameter difference (-2" ~ +3")
Section width difference (-20 mm ~ +30mm)
Tolerable tire circumference difference (-2.5% ~ +2.5%)
You can conveniently choose one of the recommended tires to compare to the old tire by selecting the tire from the list.
2. Calculate tire sizes, and compare tires with the following specs, in either Imperial or Metric units:
Section width (145 mm ~ 395 mm)
Aspect ratio (20 ~ 85)
Rim diameter (10" ~ 30")
Actual speed when speedometer reads 60
Actual speed when speedometer reads 100
Scaled visual graphs of the old tire and new tire
Load index (60 ~125)
Speed rating (L ~ Y)
You can use the scaled tire graph to see the visual differences in tire section height (sidewall height), tire diameter, rim diameter, and circumferences, in the two modes:
Side-by-side: two tires displayed as two whole circles next to each other, great for seeing overall visual appearance differences.
Half-circles: old tire as the left half, new tire as the right half, combined to form one circle, great for seeing differences in tire section height, tire diameter, and rim diameter.
Tap the tire graph to toggle between the two modes.
3. Calculate approximate equivalent car chassis (sprung) weight differences after change to the replacement/upgrade tire+wheel, in either Imperial or Metric units, using the following data:
Car weight (with old tire+wheel)
Engine max torque
Car 0-60 mph/0-96.6 km/h time (with old tire+wheel)
Old tire/wheel sizes
New tire/wheel sizes
Old tire/wheel weights
New tire/wheel weights
Colors of the specs table cells indicate the compatibility of the new tire in that spec:
No color: compatible
Red: not compatible
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Tire Size Calculator is a free trial software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-02-11. The program can be installed on iOS.
Tire Size Calculator (version 1.7.0) has a file size of 2.94 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.